First off, we had a not-so-exciting staff meeting. That is, until our Sup. said we didn't have to go to MEA-MFT teacher convention if we took at least 2 days worth of classes this past summer. Yippee!!! I took 2 graduate credits worth of classes this summer, so I should be off the hook. It looks like now we may be able to go to the preseason Timberpuppies game (vs. the Pacers) in Billings. The only catch now is that we have to figure out how to work around Wulfgar's Stepmom's schedule.
Classes were uneventful, which is good. 7th graders had a test today, and all of them passed!
Heard on the news today and read on slashdot that Microsoft is looking to buy AOL. Both suck, so does this mean that they will be twice as crappy. I vote yes.
So, now I'm sitting at my desk, writing this when I should be correcting papers or cleaning the classroom. I have 1/2 hour to burn until I have to start working again. Since I'm the Freshman Class Advisor/Sponser, I'm required to be at all their fundraising activites. Tonight, a few of the students have volunteered their services to help the PTO run the concessions stand. Hence, I have to be there. So, I will be working concessions instead of watching the Junior High and Varsity Volleyball game (against our rival school no least). Hopefully it won't be that busy. If I can get home before 9:00 that will be great (especially if I have the energy to watch the season premiere of Survivor.)
As far as volleyball goes, I don't really miss coaching it. I sure had fun, and the girls seemed to like it, but the past few seasons had been physically and emotionally draining. Last year, it seemed like every other day I would leave home at 6:45 am, and not get home until well after 9:00 pm. (On days with only practice, I was getting home near 7:00 pm.) It wouldn't have been that bad if I were single, but just getting married, and practically never seeing my beautiful wife just sucked. So I don't miss it. But apparently some of the girls do miss me, just today, not one, but two JH volleyball girls said I should be their coach. (They apparently like their new coach, but for some reason they still want me to coach. I have no idea why.)
Just because I'm in the mood, I've decided to post a picture of Wulfgar. (He hasn't gotten the attention that Santana has on this blog, so here he is:

2 comments:
Funny, I didn't know they were equipping cats with convenient carry handles these days. That must make is to much easier to travel with them, being able to store them in the overhead compartment and all...
Well the cat is big enough that I thought a handle would help with "transportation". Honestly, the "handle" works perfectly for pulling him off when he attacks me or the puppy. As far as travel, he wouldn't know about overhead compartments, as I am his personal chauffeur.
Post a Comment