Monday, February 06, 2006

Monday again. Didn't I just leave this place.

Yup, Monday is here again. After leaving school at 8:30 pm on Friday, it seems as if I was just here. Man, where do the weekends go.

Anyway, Monday started out with a bang (not literally). We had an emergency meeting on a student, and all I'll say is that things are VERY serious with a few of our students. There are some things as a teacher that you aren't prepared for, and well I just hope everything turns out for well for the students involved.

Other than that, the big news is at the end of the week is Mid-terms. Yup, we are almost 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter.

Earth Science was probably the class that had the most fun today. Probably because they get to watch Jurassic Park. The hard part was trying to find a way to make it some-what educational. I ended up giving them a "worksheet" that has them list the science facts in the movie, fictional aspects that claim to be science (Science Fiction), describing the dinosaurs they see, and a list of ethical issues the movie describes/presents. At the end of the movie, I may have them either write a small paper OR we will just have a day of discussion. I haven't decided yet, but I am leaning toward a discussion. Maybe I'll be prepared enough and they can have a mock debate. That might be fun.

All other classes were good, but not nearly fun. I got lots done today, except some big things because I either need to contact people via phone or email, or don't really feel like digging around my lab equipment.

Hopefully tomorrow will go just as smoothly (but without any emergency meeting.)

P.S. The IPOD we raffled was one by one of our Junior students. Looks like the student will be receiving an Ipod Nano.

No comments: