Thursday, February 02, 2006

Post Evaluation Daze

I formally received my evaluation this week. It was definitely ok. He tended to rate my performance as above average to average. Overall I thought it was fair. I must admit though, his actual written comments were definitely the best. He commented on my lesson design and implementation as being great. And in his written evaluation he even mentioned that he enjoyed my class. (And the class he observed in is not my best class!)

These past few days have been absolutely difficult to get through because I've been extremely tired. I blame last Friday, in which I put in a 15 hour day. Yup, I had to stay late and observe students during their fundraiser. You know, I'd rather be teaching than babysitting students during the fundraiser. After last Friday, I just couldn't get enough rest the rest of this week.

I was also informed that our scheduled day to sell raffle tickets (for the Freshmen class) has been cancelled. As a result, tomorrow, I have to spend the entire day here at school. Yup, probably another 15 hour day. Great. Because of these long Friday's, I decided to take a personal day this coming Monday (2/6). Unfortunately, I can't. Yup, it appears that 4 other staff members have that day off, and any substitute I would get, I don't want in my room. So, instead of taking Monday off, I'm taking Friday (2/10) off. Yup, a little later than I wanted, but still I can't wait.

I know school must be getting to me, because I've agreed to show a movie to my Earth Science class. Yup, I've caved in, and we're going to watch Jurassic Park (just which version I do not know!). What was I thinking? Well, hopefully I can come up with an activity that ties into the movie. The movie itself works out great because we are just finishing the unit on Ancient Earth History (Precambrian, Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic Eras).

Hopefully, I'll get a post in tomorrow, seeing as how I'll be here until about 8:30 pm or so.

No comments: