Monday, February 06, 2006

Post Superbowl Thoughts

I've been reading lots about how this is past Superbowl was one of the most forgettable ever. I don't necessarily agree with those observations. I enjoyed the game a lot, and I was rooting for the Seahawks. I do think the officiating was lop-sided, but hey, sometimes teams have to overcome poor officiating as well.

What I do think was disappointing were the commercials. Many of those I thought WERE forgettable. Perhaps my favorite commercial was the Budweiser Commercial with the little-tiny horse pulling the wagon, all the while being helped by the older horses. I just loved that one. Most of the others though I could just as easily forget.

However, the most enjoyable part of the Superbowl TV watching experience was definitely Puppy Bowl II with the Kitty Half-time Show on Animal planet. It really is sad, my wife and I had that on for 3 hours. We must say though, the poodle puppy should have had many more penalties called, especially holding and personal fouls. That was one rough puppy. My favorite part of the show, I must admit, was watching the kittens play. It was kind of funny though, after 20 minutes or so, you definitely saw of few of the kittens go into nap mode. Oh well, watching the puppies and kittens was totally the best.

1 comment:

grrrbear said...

The GF and I completely agree with your assessment of the poodle. Sheesh, a canine version of Bill Romanowski if ever there was one...