Arriba!!!! It's May 5th and you know what that means!!!
Yup, all new episodes of Survivor and The Apprentice.
All silliness aside, it is Cinco de Mayo. Why do I care, who knows? Certainly a Mexican holiday should not be very important to a Montanan (Granted, a Latin Montanan, but not Mexican). But I still enjoy some of the activities.
It has been fun watching some of the kids celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Spanish Class today. I loaned them some Spanish Music. (O.k., so I really just loaned Mexican Artists like Mana' and Thalia). The kids brought in Chips and Salsa and played a few games. When I popped in for a visit, a few even asked if I was supplying the Horchata. (I had given them a taste of it 2 years ago, and some students remembered it. Very Cool!)
So, no one has commented on a dog name. Very disappointing. As a result, I'm making an executive decision. The dog will be named "Quantum Theory". Here Quantum Theory, Here Quantum Theory. Very Probable. (Can't help but to giggle.) Or, maybe I'll name the dog something simple like, "Perro." Very Creative. Any ideas out there would be quite helpful.
Look's like the Twins won today. I read a little synoposis of the game. Grumpy Santa (a.k.a. Manager Ron Gardenhire or Gardy) got kicked out today. Argueing with the Ump. The synoposis even said Gardy kicked dirt on home plate. Way to Go Gardy!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! We still kicked the Indians butt, 9 - 0.
Lastly, I sure wish they would turn off the Boiler to the school. It's darn hot in this room. Got the one window open (students two years ago broke the other window), and it's still near 85 degrees in here. How can you expect students (let along teachers) to work efficiently in this type of heat.
Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.
Thursday, May 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment