Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Johan SANTANA

Well, its snowing outside. Didn't anyone tell the weather people that it's spring. We are not supposed to be getting snow. Rain, yes; snow, no. Or should I blame Canada. They seem to be sending the cold air this way.

The big news at work is ... we have decided to change health insurance providers. For better or worse, we went with MUST. They quoted us prices almost 100 dollars less than our current providers EBMS. (80 dollars if you factor in we are adding prescription drug coverage.) And to top it all off, for the first time in my 5 years here, we may be getting dental and/or vision. Let's just hope they don't jack up the rates after one year (or that K12 SHIP or some variation passes during the special session.)

So we are getting our puppy tomorrow night. Very exciting. Yesterday, we spent more money on puppy supplies. My wife and I (although I only have 49% of the vote) have decided on a name. For the time being, we have decided to name the dog ...

Santana

... until we change our minds, but that probably won't happen. Hmmm.... Any reasons why we picked that name?

So, I will leave you with a funny story that was forwarded to me today. I just couldn't help but laugh, especially because of the baseball references.

Three elderly ladies were excited about their first Mariners baseball game. They smuggled a bottle of Jack Daniels into the game. The game was really exciting, and the immensely enjoyed drinking Jack Daniels mixed with their soft drinks. Soon, they realized that their bottle of Jack Daniels was almost gone, and the game had a lot of innings to go. Based on the information, what inning are they playing and what is the status of the game?

Can you figure it out? I will comment to this post tomorrow if no one can guess a correct answer.

2 comments:

JYates said...

hey sidneymom, I thought you might know the answer. Kinda fun knowing the answer and letting others guess. And although we love the name "Santana" there is a certain chap near the Canadian border that is pushing for the name "Stanine the Canine". Guess since he is an ex-math major, he would love for the name to a mathematical spin to it.

JYates said...

For those that would like to know the answer to the story ...


It's the bottom of the fifth

and

the bags are loaded.