Today is one of the longest school days of the year. You see, it is the Athletics Award Banquet tonight, and since I'm the Junior High Volleyball Coach, it is my job, to present certificates of participation and excellence to the girls.
Here's why it is so long. The Banquet is not until 6 pm, and the Awards are given sometime afterward. This wouldn't be so horrible if I could go home for 2 1/2 hours, but I can't. You see, if I left for home, by the time I got home, I would have to turn around and drive back. So, I'm relegated to sitting in my classroom, filling time.
Mind you, I could be actually doing something productive. At least I convinced the Secretary to rewrite the schedule for the awards banquet. I'm presenting my awards first, so that I can get home at a decent hour. In the past, I would present after the football awards, which normally isn't too bad. However, our head football coach is a bit unorganized (understatement), and what should take 10 minutes, will take about 30 for this guy. Thank goodness I'm going first.
But I have been productive today. I did schedule a vet appointment for Santana and Wulfgar for Wednesday at 4:30 pm. Now if the Superintendent will only let me leave early on Wednesday. I could take the dog to school with me, so that's not a problem. The problem is, I don't want the cat with me all day. Oh, he's a pleasant enough cat around me, but I can just imagine him getting out and disemboweling some poor student. I would have to say that a disemboweled student would not look very good in my personnel file. So, my only option is to leave school early on Wednesday.
On a related note, both the cat and dog were left alone at home all day. I wonder how they did? We had purchased two baby gates to keep the dog in the kitchen area (all the better to clean up little puppie messes), and to give the cat more of a safe haven. I wonder if the puppy made it the whole time without piddling or pooing? Did the cat exact revenge on the helpless puppy? Was there a boxing match (the blocked off kitchen might resemble a boxing ring)? If so, was there a KO, TKO, or did it go to the judges? Were the judges unaminous in their decision or was it split? Or did the two of them cuddle together and keep each other company playing checkers? I guess I will find out when I get home.
Monday, May 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment