So, if you're unaware, my wife and I are of the mind that we should buy a puppy. Not just any puppy of course, but a Pembroke Welsh Corgi (that's the corgi without the tail for the somewhat uninitiated). I guess the two of us feel we shuold be just as royal as the Queen of England herself. (You see she has several PWC along with one Dorgi. The Dorgi was an accident between a Corgi and a Dashound.) So, every day we scour the classifieds in the paper, look at cute corgi pictures on the internet, etc.
So, here's the problem. What to name the little guy? (Yes, we are leaning toward the male variety, much easier to control we read.) Initially, a few years back, my wife had thought Rocco would be a neat name. But my persistance that a Welsh dog should not have an Italian name finally paid off, and Rocco is now not the number one name on the list. (But it still is on the list, mind you.) We think we have a good name. At least, I really like the name of our future puppy.
So here's my question to you. What would you name a little, energetic lad that hales from Wales. Granted, Males usually have strong names, so we've ruled out Chip or Dale. Remember, all other dog names should pale in comparison. Our dog's name should be intelligent, as if he graduated from Yale. We definitely don't want some stale old name. And the dog's name should not make others wail. So any suggestions for a cool, unique name?
Speaking of pet's, we also have one pain in the butt, fat cat. So I was thinking, why do some people naturally lean toward the feline variety of pets (that would be me), and others lean toward the canine variety (me, as long as they are small, cute, lick my face, and pick up their own poop.) Does one's zodiac sign play a role? Hmmm... I must ponder this one some more.
On another note. I had a parent call me at work today. The student in question has had some issues in my room recently, and it took quite a bit of creative genius to figure out how to motive the student. So, when the parent called, I was expecting a tiraid about their grade, not caring, etc. Instead, what I got was a parent thanking me for finding a way to motivate the child. Yup, a parent thanked a teacher today. Someone other than the PTA thanked a teacher. I'm just in shock!
Remember, any cool names for a future member of our household would be greatly appreciated. Of course, the final name won't be picked until we have the puppy, and really see what its personality is like.
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Influence!!! We are getting a dog, not a cat. If I had too much influence we would be over-run with cats! (and dogs, and lizards, and birds, and rodents.)
Post a Comment